College came into existence in 1970. The magnificent college library is located in the center of the campus in an exclusive building designed for the purpose. The library comprises following sections: Acquisition Section, Stack Area, Circulation Counter, IT Zone, Research Room, Periodical Section, Reference Section, Reprographic Section, Staff Zone and Reading Hall etc. Together, all the sections of our library display a rich collection of books and Periodicals. N-LIST and DELNET facility is also available in the library. The library provides a book-bank facility too for lending text books to needy and deserving students for whole academic session. Wi-Fi facility is also available for users inside the library premises.
The mission of the college library is to support and enhance the academic, professional, cultural and lifelong learning needs of the library users. The main thrust of the library is to improve the quality of services and facilities, achieve high degree of users' satisfaction and endeavor to facilitate right information to the right user, at the right time.
The college has a Library AdvisoryCommittee to facilitate effective and smooth governance of the library. As per the need, it meets to discuss various issues related to library facilities and services. It consists of the following members:
|Chairperson||Dr. Neena Chugh||Principal|
|Convener||Mrs. Luxmi Phutela||Associate Professor|
|Secretary||Dr. Veer Bala Sharma||Librarian|
|Member||Mrs. Sangeeta Nanda||Associate Professor|
Library has a very flexible working schedule throughout the year. It opens before the institutions opening time and closes after the closing time so that readers have an opportunity to use the library without disturbance to their academic schedules.
Circulation Counter : 08.30 to 13:30 (Monday to Saturday except Gazetted Holiday)
Reading Areas : 08.30 to 15:00 (Except Sundays and Gazetted Holiday)
Users must leave Library Five minutes before closing time to ensure proper checking and locking of the Library.
1. Without Library ID card no student will be allowed to enter in the Library.
2. While entering the library, readers/users should leave their personal belongings, such as bags, brief-cases, personal books, and parcels etc. near the counter reserved for this purpose. However, they can carry loose papers.
3. Readers/Users leaving the library will be subject to searched. Readers/Users will allow official to do their duty.
4. Readers/Users should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other users in any way. USE OF MOBILE PHONE IS PROHIBITED IN THE LIBRARY.
5. Readers/Users should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library material in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the Book/material and also disciplinary action.
6. Reference Books and reference material should be read within the Library and these will not be issued.
7. While entering the library, every user should write his name in the Register kept at the entrance, one time in a day.
8. While borrowing books, if the borrower finds the missing of a few pages in a book, it should be informed to library staff at the counter. After issuing the books he/she will be responsible for missing pages.
9. Any student found guilty of mutilation of books or journals, or of misusing the library facilities will be liable to disciplinary action which may include expulsion from college.
10. The librarian has power to recall library books anytime, if required.
11. Books are physically returned to the library before re-issue/ transfer.
|Sr. No.||Category of Users||No. of Books||Loan Period|
|1.||College Staff||06||6 Month (i.e.1st July to 31st December and 1st January to 30th June)|
|2.||Under Graduate / Post Graduate Students||02||14 Days|
• Current issue of the Periodicals will not be issued out of the library to anybody. It will be used withinlibrary only against submitting Users ID card at circulation counter.
• The borrower may return or renew the book on or before the due date. For renewing, presentation of the material along with the ID card is necessary. Renewal is not permitted if a demand is pending for the material.
• If a book is not returned to the library when due, the borrower will be fined as per the following rule
|Sr. No.||Category of Users||Fine up to 14 days (after due date)||Fine after 14 days|
|1.||College Staff||Rs. 1/- Per Day||Rs. 2/- Per Day|
|2.||Under Graduate / Post Graduate Students||Rs. 1/- Per Day||Rs. 2/- Per Day|
Penalty for Loss of Book (s): In case of a book borrowed by User, he/she will either replace the same title (same or latest edition) or pay current price of the book and Rs.100/- handling charge within one month otherwise overdue fine will be charged. In case of a rare book which presently not available in market may cost more to the borrower. The fixation of price in such case will be done by the competent authority.
Book Bank: Book bank facility is available for lending text book to needy and deserving students for whole academic session.
Reprographic Service: Reprographic Facilities is available in library on payment basis during all working days.
OPAC: OPAC is the representation of the library's collection of learning resources. The catalogue is accessible to library users.
|1||NDLI (National Digital Library of India)||https://www.ndl.gov.in/||Register yourself to use (Freely Accessible to all) Android App is also available|
|2||Haryana Digital Public Library||https://library.highereduhry.ac.in/||Register yourself to use (Freely Accessible to all)|
|3||CEC (Consortium for Educational Communication)||http://220.127.116.11/CEC/index.php/e_Education||Register yourself to access UG e-contents (Freely Accessible to all) Android App is also available|
|4||e-PG Pathshala||https://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in/Home||Register yourself to access PG e-contents (Freely Accessible to all)|
|5||Sakshat||https://sakshat.ac.in/||One stop e-learning portal of Govt. of India For School, UG,PG and other online learning platforms (Freely Accessible to all)|
|6||Swayam||https://swayam.gov.in/||Register yourself for MOOCs Freely accessible to all Android App is also available|
|7||NPTEL||https://nptel.ac.in/||Register yourself for MOOCs Freely accessible to all Android App is also available|
|8||SwayamPrabha||https://www.swayamprabha.gov.in/||32 DTH Educational channels|
|9||DOAB (Directory of open access Books)||https://www.doabooks.org/||Freely Accessible to all|
|10||DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals)||https://doaj.org/||Freely Accessible to all|
|11||Open DOAR (The Directory of Open Access Repositories)||https://v2.sherpa.ac.uk/opendoar/||Freely Accessible to all|
|12||Various Competitive Exams||https://upscfever.com/||Freely Accessible to all|
|13||School of open learning||https://sol.du.ac.in/home||Study Material for UG and PG Course Freely Accessible to all|
|14||eGyanKosh||http://egyankosh.ac.in/||Study Material for UG and PG Course Freely Accessible to all|